Thursday, July 26, 2012

@LocationGetInfo - undocumented Lotus Notes Formula

Some time ago I found this undocumented  formula that I liked quite a lot: @LocationGetInfo
I discovered that it is used in some default templates from IBM and there is no reference in the Help.

Searching the web I got the following info:
Parameters:
@LocationGetInfo([FullName])
@LocationGetInfo([HomeServer])
@LocationGetInfo([InternetMailAddress])
@LocationGetInfo([NamePreference])
@LocationGetInfo([BookmarksFilename])
@LocationGetInfo([SametimeServer])
@LocationGetInfo([UNID])
Consider some advantages of this formula.
@LocationGetInfo([UNID]) returns the ID of the location document.
If you then lookup the document in the view "Locations" of the names.nsf you can get info regarding your location, mail DB path, mail address stored in the location, if the user is working in your local lan or is outside ....
Suppose to have a DB used as default homepage for all your users with links to common databases.
You can decide programmatically whether to open a database on the server or a local replica depending on if your user with a laptop is working in the office or at home:-)
I don't know if there is a LotusScript equivalent command ... I'll let you know if I come across :-)
NOT BAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microsoft Teams doesn't open

 Hello! My Microsoft Teams stop working! Searching .... I found this solution that worked: Delete the content of: C:\Users\<profile>\A...