Monday, August 27, 2012

Unable to connect to the VM agent. File-level restore will not be available.

My backup with ARCServe is not working properly.
The file-level restore for VMWare backup machines is not working.
Cause: Backup server cannot contact the backup agent. The virtual machine is in DMZ so connections passes trough the filewall (checkpoint in my case).
I checked the firewall logs and in effect I found that Checkpoint was bloccking the port even if there is a role with "Any" that should allow connections from the Backup Server to the Backup agent of each VM machine.
The role is:
Source: Administrators
Destination: Any
Service: Any
Action: Allow
This role does not work for X11 services! The log lists: "X11 is not allowed through service '* any'"
I solved creating the following role above:
Source: Backup Server Object
Destination: Any
Service: X11 (ports from 6001 to 6063) - You could also allow only port 6050 (Backup Agent port for ARCServe)
Action: Allow
Working now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microsoft Teams doesn't open

 Hello! My Microsoft Teams stop working! Searching .... I found this solution that worked: Delete the content of: C:\Users\<profile>\A...