Friday, October 11, 2013

Force software to always run as admin without exposing admin password

We have many computers where users are not admin.
I need to run a .exe file but it always asks for Admin credentials. I want to avoid been called each time they run the file ....

Surfing the internet I found a solution that worked for me:

1. Create a shortcut to the Exe File
2. Enter properties of the shortcut and modify the "Target" field adding C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:domain\administrator before the existing file path


Save and run it. You will be prompted to enter the password:
Enter the password.
Always use the link to run the application.
Note: this does not work for Windows 7 Home or Starter Edition


No comments:

Post a Comment

Microsoft Teams doesn't open

 Hello! My Microsoft Teams stop working! Searching .... I found this solution that worked: Delete the content of: C:\Users\<profile>\A...