Monday, August 6, 2012

How to find windows uptime

This morning I was asked to check the business server because I was told it rebooted a couple of times last week end.
Quite strange ... so I check the last time it rebooted with this command from DOS prompt:

net statistics workstation



Statistics since "xxx" tell you the last start up time.
The best and more complete way to do it is anyway by searching the events log.

Open the event logs and search for "uptime"
(How to search the Event Log: http://it-phonehome.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-search-event-log.html )
You can now get the uptime and then search other logs to undestand the reason for a re-boot (in my case in the "Security logs" I realized that someone logged in as administrator and rebooted the server)


Open the log row searched and check the uptime



No comments:

Post a Comment

Microsoft Teams doesn't open

 Hello! My Microsoft Teams stop working! Searching .... I found this solution that worked: Delete the content of: C:\Users\<profile>\A...